He is one of the fixing points in the international trampoline scene over decades.
Noumerous of World Class Athletes was formed by his hands, his thoughts, his support.
A russian “Starchi” in the best way of meaning, a strategic person with outstanding knowledge about our sport, a coaching institution.
Now in the age of 82 years old he is still running the trampoline floor with a lot of success.
His granddaughter Julia was so kind to tell us some facts and private pictures about his life, his work and his person.
- Growing up in Novorossiysk he moved to Krasnodar and was an athlete on acrobatics and tumbling.
- He stopped his own career in the age of 32 and started then directly his outstanding coaching process.
- Building a sportshall by his own with his collegues and athletes in 1977 was the fundament of the aspiring trampoline dynasty in Krasnodar.
- With acribic work on analysing skills, phases, athletes he was able to develope his own techniqual devices and to bring athletes out of the state of fear.
- His introvert, calm and modest character only in the very successful moments like olympic gold medal and world champion routines shows big emotions.
- Since he was often called to work abroad he was always staying all the time in Krasnodar and is loving the city.
- To play backgammon is the only real hobby in his leisure time.
- And: he was late to his own wedding because of spoking at a competition;-)
I´m sure you will meet him at the start of the FIG WorldCup Series in Baku again.
We wish him a successful preparation for the next competitions.
Thanks to Julia for this private view behind a great coaching life.